Wednesday, July 9, 2008

5 miles in 53:16 minutes at the Lincoln Park running track

Continuing my renewed effort to prepare for the first full-marathon in November and the first half-marathon on July 27th, I ran 5 miles today and feel good about the prospects of a successful completion the first half-marathon in two+ weeks time.

Tried out the Lincoln Park in Jersey City for the first time; to my surprise I found it to be huge, well equipped and with adequate parking facilities. It is a bit crowded though, but that is good when motivation is a bit low.

Today again, I ran the entire distance with no walking breaks. The time of 53:16 is very close but not my personal best for this distance. My personal best is 53:08 which I accomplished during the Father's Day 5M in Central Park last month.

No comments: