Sunday, July 6, 2008

First 8 miler of my life

Ran 8 mile distance for the first time today! Completed the distance in 1:46 hours at the Watchung Reservation. Parked my car at the Trailside Nature & Science Center and started running along one of the numerous trails there. Soggy and soft trails all along - good for my knees. Very picturesque - the trail running along a stream for long, and always under dense cover of greenery. Part of the time I must have been running very close to the Inter-state 78, as I could hear the speeding vehicles very closeby.
Ran non-stop for the first 3.5 miles (in around 40 minutes) and then took regular walking breaks.
Nice place to run; will come here for my long runs during the week-ends.
Since the last post about the 5K run in JP Park, I ran three more times in JP Park - two of them being a 3M/5K runs, while the third one was a long run of 5 Miles. One of the 3M runs was sub-30 minutes - the first time I ran a sub-30-minute 3Mile!

No comments: