Monday, July 7, 2008

Recommitting to running a marathon this year

Last Friday while talking with Rajat in Bangalore about my running activity, I realized I have only three weeks till the NYC Half Marathon on July 27th. The event had totally slipped out of my mind, with all the travel and other engagements. Even the goal of running my first Marathon in 2008 seems to have disappeared in the background, with other items becoming more important. I have to re-commit myself to the Running goal and dedicate enough time over the next few months to come out with my head held high at the end of my first Marathon.

I am back on track with the first 8 mile run yesterday. I will continue the intensity over the next three weeks to complete the NYC Half Marathon in good time and in good shape!

My Training Plan for the next three weeks:
This Week starting Tuesday - 4, 5, 4, 3, 3, 10
Next Week starting Tuesday - 4, 5, 4, 5, 3, 10
The week of the half-marathon starting Tuesday - 4, 6, 4, 3, HM

Let me see how this plan goes, and then plan for the Marathon later this year!

This Saturday July 13th I am running in the New York Park to Park 10K. My aim for Sunday being 10 Miles, I will run the 6.2 miles race and then run the additional 3.8 miles both before and after the race

No comments: