Sunday, August 24, 2008

Six miles in 1 hour 15 minutes at Liberty State Park

Started the Sunday with a six mile run at Liberty State Park along with Siva. Completed the distance in one hour and fifteen minutes.

For the first time in my runs, I had to take a bathroom break - very surely induced by the cup of coffee I had before the start of the run. Luckily for me, Liberty State Park has clean toilets!

One question that has been on the forefront of my mind is whether I should or should not run in the Monster Half Marathon in Virgil next Sunday. If I run and complete it, it will be my first half marathon, and the first run at such distance. The difficult terrain which includes over 2700 feet of elevation gain coupled with the lack of adequate preparation is holding me back to take up this effort with a full heart. The NYRR Queens half-marathon is two weeks later on Sunday Sep 14th.

I will run in both! The Monster half would be a good one to begin with, as any time I set during this event will be easy to beat later on. Besides, completing the Monster half marathon will make running on flat surfaces look easier. That would be a good preparation for the Philadelphia Marathon in November, especially as it is just 90 days away!

No comments: