Sunday, September 7, 2008

Five miles in 57 odd minutes in LSP

Got back to running after the monster half-marathon last week. Legs are still sore, and mind and body unwilling. Unmotivated to run as I realize I am not in ship-shape to run the Queens Half-Marathon next Sunday, and also quite likely to not do well at the Philadelphia marathon.

Well, too bad I seem to be stuck in a rut!

Ran 5 Miles today morning in Liberty State Park, and now I feel good about it. It was not easy while running; wanted to give up many times; took walking breaks and completed 5 miles. My body seems to be warming up to the idea of long-running. I will have to run regularly this week to be in a good shape for the Queens Half-Marathon next week.

My goal for the half-marathon next week: To complete it in less than two and a half hours.

No comments: