Thursday, August 7, 2008

First 2 hour run and first 11 mile run

Ran 11.15 miles in 2 hours today at the Rockland Lake State Park along the Hudson River in New York State! The longest I have run so far in terms of both distance and time.

Drove a little over an hour to the Rockland Lake State Park as a trial run before the Self-Transcendence Marathon next Friday when I will accompany Dr. Ashis Roy on his 85th Marathon.

The run was very pleasant and very picturesque. It is a 2.8 odd miles bike trail around a scenic lake. Very flat and very fast! I completed a little over three and a half rounds taking two drinks break - the first one after one round, and the second one after completing 8 miles.

I reached the 10 mile mark in 1:48 minutes, shaving off a full six minutes from the 1:54 I had accomplished on my Birthday. 11 miles was in 1 hour 58 minutes.

No comments: